Dec 3, 2008

Lack of Christmas decorations

When you go to our neighborhood, the first thing you will notice is that most houses are without Christmas decorations. You can count a handful of houses that have decors.

For me, this is another indication of the poverty surrounding each one of us. In our row alone, only two houses have Christmas lights on the windows. One of the two is ours. Maybe this is brought on by the global financial crisis. Even though recession does not happen in this country, you can feel the lack of budget for the coming holidays.

Good thing municipal halls have put it upon themselves to decorate extravagantly this year. At least, those who want to gaze on extravagant decors could just go to their city halls and feast their eyes on them.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Miss Blogger
I am Sasha. Blogger, first and foremost. I'm not much of a social creature but I treasure the few people I connect with. I am an accountant by profession, and an addicted blogger. Blogging makes me happy and it's my therapy. I love sunshine, bright lights, lavender, coffee. And books!
View my complete profile