Mar 15, 2013

Noone else comes close

It was weird, how I met him. He was supposed to be my then boyfriend's 'test' if I really loved him and could be trusted. It backfired. This guy who did nothing but cheer me up, make me smile whenever we talk... I fell in love with him.

I kept denying it. He was not saying anything. Until we found ourselves celebrating his birthday, a couple of weeks after I broke up with my boyfriend.

I surprised him with a birthday cake. He was feeling depressed because he hadn't talked to his parents for weeks, not knowing where they were. He had globe-trotting parents so it was hard for him to track them down. His brother was working for an international geographic magazine, doing photography work. He was feeling all alone and that probably triggered everything... or was it fate?

We were shocked when it happened. Oh, it was pure bliss, kissing him. But we both felt guilty afterwards. I just broke up with one of his closest friends. It was like cheating or something. So we conveniently forgot about it, acted as if nothing momentous happened, shrugging the sweetest kiss I had.

The weekend after that night, some common friends decided to give him a big birthday bash. They hired a band to play during the party and decided to dump the band's lead singer. He would be the vocalist that night. Did I mention he has the best singing voice I've heard so far?!

He sang the night away. He kept on looking at me. He sang some of my favorite songs, his alternative way. Some friends were already teasing me, they noticed how we probably looked at each other. But I kept telling them to stop it, we were just friends, I said.

And then he sang our song...

No one else comes close to you
No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special girl, to me
And you'll always be, eternally
Every time I hold you near
You always say the words I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much
No one else comes close


We knew we were in trouble. I knew I was in big trouble! I could hear my heart doing the cha-cha. I could not tear my eyes away from him. I was feeling cold and hot all of a sudden. And I could not stop smiling and I was all teary-eyed for no reason except that the man singing our song was telling me that he loved me in some other way.

After the song, he went directly to where I was sitting. He bent close and whispered the words he was singing a mere minutes ago... I love you so much, he said.

I love you girl in every way
And I always will cause in my eyes
No one else comes close

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Miss Blogger
I am Sasha. Blogger, first and foremost. I'm not much of a social creature but I treasure the few people I connect with. I am an accountant by profession, and an addicted blogger. Blogging makes me happy and it's my therapy. I love sunshine, bright lights, lavender, coffee. And books!
View my complete profile