Sep 1, 2006

The Bossa Nova Diva

I have been looking forward to watching this lady perform every week at Eastwood City. She sounds "different" from ordinary performers. I don't know if anyone here knows Lisa Ono, the voice behind those songs playing at different metro cafes, but she sounds a bit like her.

I got curious at first because when you look at posters advertising her gigs, the lady looks like a foreigner. Her name sounds foreign as well. Sitti.


First time I watched her, I just knew this lady will go places. Her voice is pure heaven.

And the Bossa Nova Diva of the Philippines was born.

I bought a copy of her Cafe Bossa album and I just love her voice!

I don't know how I can upload her songs here so everyone can listen but I will try. :) Know more about her here. Listen to some of the cuts from the album here.

8 comments:

lheeanne said...

mapakinggan nga kung ka boses ko ba tlga sya! hahah joke! ganda nga ng voice...

drivers license un.. hehe! ma expired na kasi

lheeanne said...

Ay onga pala, narinig ko na ung tattoed in my mind sa pinoy radio station dito.. sya pala ung singer nun.. ganda ang gawa nya parang mymp...

Miss Blogger said...

ay sige ma'am! yun din ang fave ko sa lahat ng kanta niya sa album saka yung may spanish eyes sa lyrics!

Miss Blogger said...

ganda ng voice niya noh? sige nga TK, sample nga ng Tattooed please... :)

Jigs said...

She is really good and offers something different. Masarap pakinggan kapag nasa starbucks ka at nagrerelax. hehe!

Anonymous said...

hmmm okies ah... punta tayo eastwood nina maam teks pag-uwi ko ehehe

Anonymous said...

narinig ko na xa kumanta sa Sharon.. yah ganda ng voice nya..kakaiba..

Anonymous said...

im a bossa fanatic, and i've heard many filipino bossa singers. some disappointing, some just so-so. but this lady definitely stands out! her voice is so beautiful in its simplicity. i have her album also. its a nice buy. :D

About Me

My Photo
Miss Blogger
I am Sasha. Blogger, first and foremost. I'm not much of a social creature but I treasure the few people I connect with. I am an accountant by profession, and an addicted blogger. Blogging makes me happy and it's my therapy. I love sunshine, bright lights, lavender, coffee. And books!
View my complete profile